EVENT ASSISTANT FOR THE EUROPEAN UNION SUPPORT TO HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE ASEAN REGION PROJECT (SHARE) AT THE INSTITUT FRANÇAIS INDONESIA
Within the scope of the SHARE Project, Campus France offers a position of Event Assistant, based at the Institut Français Indonesia, in Jakarta. The preferred starting date is 20 August 2018 for a maximum duration of 4 and a half months. The main task is to support the Programme Manager in the organisation of a conference to be held in Thailand, on 1 November 2018, within the scope of the SHARE Result Areas 3a and 3b (Credit transfer system).
SHARE is an EU Grant funded project with an overarching objective to strengthen regional cooperation, enhance the quality, competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions and students, contributing to an ASEAN Community beyond 2015. The main aim is to enhance cooperation between the EU and the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and to create lasting benefits from the harmonisation of higher education across ASEAN.
On behalf of ASEAN and EU, a consortium led by British Council and comprising the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Nuffic, Campus France, the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) and the European University Association (EUA) is working between 2015 and 2019 with ASEAN counterparts to implement SHARE.
There are 3 main components (called Result Areas) during the implementation of SHARE, as follows:
Result 1 – Policy Dialogues: Led by British Council
Result 2a and 2b – ASEAN Qualifications Reference Frameworks and ASEAN Quality Assurance: Led by DAAD working with European partners ENQA and EUA
Result 3a – ASEAN Credit Transfer System (ACTS) & Result 3b – ASEAN-EU Credit Transfer Systems (AECTS): Led by Campus France
Result 3c ACTS & AECTS Student Mobility with Scholarships: Led by Nuffic
More information: http://www.share-asean.eu/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The event assistant will work for Campus France and will assist the Programme Manager in Jakarta for the organisation of a conference, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, the follow-up of all the related activities and logistics and the evaluation of the event afterwards, in accordance with EU, Campus France and Institut Français Indonesia regulations. He or she will work in a team based in Jakarta, in close cooperation with Campus France staff based in France. Travel to Thailand within the scope of the project may be required. He or she will report to the Programme Manager. The place of performance is Jakarta, Indonesia.
The key responsibilities of the event assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the organization of travels for participants and experts (flights booking, travel agreements, accommodation, etc.)
- Assist in all pre-event preparation as required by Campus France (reservation of the venue, catering, etc.)
- Record all data and contact activity on Campus France participants database
- Assist with communications to event participants, supporters and suppliers
- Respond to events enquiries (by phone, email and letter)
- Assist in the promotion of event, making use of internet, social media, printed materials and banners
- Assist in the recruitment and co-ordination of events volunteers
- Welcome visitors to the office and take telephone enquiries, taking messages where necessary
- Compile feedback from event participants and analyse responses
- Undertake all other reasonable duties as required by the organization
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of the event
- Communicate with experts and event participants from both Europe and the ASEAN region.
- Draft planning documents under guidance from Campus France staff
- Attend and take minutes during the conference preparatory meetings and during the conference as requested by the Programme Manager.
- Shaping of documents, printing and preparation of folders, name tags, etc.
Qualifications and previous Work Experience
- Minimum third year undergraduate student in a relevant field of study, preferably international relations, political sciences, economics, communication, etc. Post-graduate not necessary
- Some work experience desired (internships, part-time work, etc.)
- Excellent English Language skills: full professional proficiency in both speaking and writing
- French language skills is a plus.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to fulfill tasks accurately and in timely manner
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of ASEAN education policy will be an asset
Indonesian citizenship is mandatory
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a short letter of interest addressing the qualifications for the internship, a CV or résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 16 August 2018.
Please include SHARE Intern [family name, given name] in the email subject field and address the letter to Mr. Johan Choucavy, SHARE Program Manager for Campus France.